Hot Chocolate with Chilli - SPICY!



The heavens brought down a heavenly drink called....(drum roll)... HOT CHOCOLATE! But with a twist :) I had this version of hot chocolate with chilli when I was in Duesseldorf at a chocolaterie and trust me, you'd also faint when you try it the first time. 

So, this morning, I decided to make it and it was done in 5 minutes!

Ingredients:
1 cup full fat milk
50 gms chocolate pieces - preferably dark chocolate
1/4 tsp chilli powder

Method:
  • In a small sauce pot, heat up the milk. When the milk begins to froth, place in chopped chocolate pieces.
  • Using a whisk, constantly beat the milk chocolate mixture until fully combined. Then whisk in the chilli powder.
  • Serve up piping hot with some biscuits on the side or better yet brioche!
My morning breakfast was definitely a fulfilling one :)

Must see whether lemon grass goes with hot chocolate....
The Innovative Baker

Comments